Feb
26
2015
Dave Darby

One Planet Development opportunity next to Lammas eco-village in Wales

2
Posted Feb 26 2015 by Dave Darby of Lowimpact.org
Lammas

Here’s an opportunity to you potential smallholders / rat-race escapees:

A thirty acre field next to the Lammas ecovillage has come up for sale.  Read more …

Feb
24
2015
Ed Morriss

You can help a low-impact, off-grid community obtain permanent planning permission

0
Posted Feb 24 2015 by Ed Morriss of Drawfire
steward wood

This is an opportunity to represent and to support our friends at the Steward Community Woodland in their application for permanent planning permission. After 15 years of successful experimentation in sustainable living, they are now applying for permanent planning permission Read more …

Feb
23
2015
Dave Darby

Here’s our new ‘manifesto’. We’d be interested in your feedback

7
Posted Feb 23 2015 by Dave Darby of Lowimpact.org
low-impact

Our manifesto

We now know that the richest 1% of the world own the same amount of wealth as the other 99%. But it’s worse than that. Read more …

Feb
16
2015
Dave Darby

To all applicants for our publishing job (except one): sorry

1
Posted Feb 16 2015 by Dave Darby of Lowimpact.org
book covers

We had 53 applicants for this job, and I have to say that (almost) all of them were absolutely bloody brilliant. The applications represented an embarrassment of riches for us, which means that I’m embarrassed (and sad) to say ‘no’ to all but one of them. Read more …

Feb
11
2015
Dave Darby

What to say to people who claim that economic growth can continue forever

11
Posted Feb 11 2015 by Dave Darby of Lowimpact.org
hamster

Have you ever had an argument with someone who believes that the economy can grow forever? Difficult, isn’t it? What appears completely clear and logical to you seems to confuse them. Read more …

Feb
6
2015
Ed Morriss

Getting off-grid: developing a wood gasifier in the woods in darkest Buckinghamshire

8
Posted Feb 6 2015 by Ed Morriss of Drawfire
air-jets-and-hourglass-assembled1

As industrial society continues on its capitalist and consumer-led treadmill, its detrimental effect on ecology and the environment are accelerating whilst the returns diminish. As a counter to this, a growing number of people across the world are building communities and working to become independent Read more …

css.php