Lusan Housing Co-op is a fully mutual co-operative, registered with the FCA and applying to join Radical Routes. There’s six of us at the moment and we’re actively seeking more founder members. We are going to start raising loanstock in April and hope to buy land and buildings somewhere in Dumfries and Galloway later this year. No capital required.
Get in touch if you tick the following boxes:
• You’re restless where you are now, and long to live on acres of land.
• You identify as ethical vegan – in other words, actively non-carnist.
• You like being in a group as much as spending time alone.
• You’re a good communicator, who replies to emails and engages fully with discussions and planning.
• You either live within travelling distance of the Scottish border, or are in the process of relocating. (Most of our meetings have an online option, though some are 100% in person, with the option to stay overnight).
We’re seeking new founder members for our housing co-op until 31st March 2023. After that, people can still join if there’s a vacancy, and will be probationary members for the first six months, playing an active role in the group, though without the power to block decisions.
For a Q&A, contact form and our secondary co-op rules, see: www.lusancoop.co.uk
Or email us: [email protected]
The views expressed in our blog are those of the author and not necessarily lowimpact.org's