If you like what we’re about, join us.
£2 per month (you get an epub book of your choice as a thank-you).
£5 per month (you get access to an online course of your choice as a thank-you).
Membership: business / organisation
What we’ll do with your subscriptions
- update and add to our range of topics
- produce manuals and online courses for all of our topics
- expand our directory and introduce a mutual credit trading network for members, that you can join
- become a sociocratic network of specialists in all topics, with a forum
- become a wiki
- relaunch and update Noncorporate.org
- help build commons infrastructure that can be emulated in any community and federated using the Credit Commons Protocol to form the basis of a new global economy
- interview more people involved in the commons economy for our blog and Youtube channel
- keep you posted about new developments in the commons economy via our blog, social media and newsletter
Benefits of membership for businesses and organisations
- Your profile will be found via relevant topics: you can add all your courses, products & services to your profile, and they’ll be accessible from the relevant topic pages. For example, if you run green woodworking courses – from the topic page, if you click on ‘courses’, your profile will appear on this list. The same applies for products & services in all topics. This is the way that most visitors use the site, but in the directory, members are also searchable by name, topics, location and anything you put into your profile.
- Great value promotion: we’re a very popular site. We’re constantly being contacted by corporate advertising departments, but our banner ads are reserved for small businesses, co-ops and community organisations. You can advertise on pages that reflect your activities (note that the banner ads are added manually, and so are not affected by ad-blocking software). If you publish books or manuals, we’ll add them too, with a link for people to buy from you. We’ll also pass on any enquiries on your topic.
- Quality: the public will find more independent businesses who believe in what they’re doing, rather than corporations doing things just for profit. We’ll check that new members are genuine and knowledgeable, and not sales fronts for companies wanting to get on the green bandwagon.
- Good information: we’ll send queries in the comments section at the bottom of each topic to relevant members to answer; put your website in your reply – it’s good promotion, and the public get good information; we often interview (and acknowledge / link to) members for topic introductions, blog articles, further information pages etc.
- Cross-fertilisation: we bring together people from different disciplines – customers of veg box schemes, natural builders or craftspeople might also be interested in credit unions, renewables installers, natural soaps or bushcraft, and so on. We can exchange information and ideas as well as customers. We have such a huge range of topics that many visitors will be introduced to your entire field, as well as to your business.
- Blogging: blog with us and we’ll broadcast it via social media and our newsletter, which goes out to 10,000 people (see our policy on blog articles and social media).
- Spread the word: all our income is used to add more information, reach more people and make the network bigger. Add the logo below (with a link) to your home page – you’ll be helping to raise the profile of other excellent businesses, and they’ll be doing the same for you.