• home
  • posts
  • category
  • system change
  • Info, news & debate

    System change posts

    Mark Lynas thinks that corporate capitalism can solve climate change – that’s like burning your house down to keep warm

    Paul Jennings of Criafolen | 12-Mar-2015 | 7

    Oh do beware someone who comes before you and claims to be the voice of reason. Mark Lynas does exactly that in this morning’s Guardian and it doesn’t wash. His argument is barely an argument at all, more like a sort of faux man-in-the-street flimflam. Beware. Read more

    Here’s our new ‘manifesto’. We’d be interested in your feedback

    Dave Darby of Lowimpact.org | 23-Feb-2015 | 7

    Our manifesto We now know that the richest 1% of the world own the same amount of wealth as the other 99%. But it’s worse than that. Read more

    New website, new name & the power of networking

    Dave Darby of Lowimpact.org | 23-Dec-2014 | 1

    Goodbye old website (left), hello new website (right) – and with the new website comes a new name. Since we started in 2001, we’ve always had a bit of a problem with our name. Read more

    Where do banks get the money for mortgages from?

    Dave Darby of Lowimpact.org | 08-Oct-2014 | 1

    The simple answer is that they don’t have it. They check your credit record, decide you’re OK, type some numbers into a computer and suddenly you owe them a significant portion of your income for 25 years, plus interest. Read more

    Review of ‘Why Marx Was Right’ by Terry Eagleton

    Dave Darby of Lowimpact.org | 18-Jul-2013 | 0

    Review of Why Marx Was Right, by Terry Eagleton. Yes, we’re all looking for alternatives to capitalism – it destroys democracy, it eats nature and it’s vacuous – but you don’t have to have read any philosophy or economics Read more

    The story of money, and how it built an empire

    Dave Darby of Lowimpact.org | 18-May-2013 | 0

    Here’s a story. Some of you may know it, but I’m guessing that most people don’t, which is surprising because it has enormous importance for the way we live today, and how our children might live in the future. Read more

    Mrs Thatcher was not ‘evil’ – she did what was necessary for Britain to succeed in a game that is utterly wrong

    Dave Darby of Lowimpact.org | 17-Apr-2013 | 0

    On the day of Mrs Thatcher’s funeral she will receive many plaudits and much abuse. I don’t think that there is any merit in rejoicing in the death of a woman who believed that she was doing the right thing Read more

    There’s a crash coming – a slap from Mother Nature. This isn’t pessimistic; it’s realistic.

    The human impact on nature and on each other is accelerating and needs systemic change to reverse.

    We’re not advocating poverty, or a hair-shirt existence. We advocate changes that will mean better lives for almost everyone.

    Latest Comments

    Stay up to date

    Newsletter sign up is temporarily disabled

    Facebook icon Twitter icon

    All rights reserved © lowimpact 2022